Tuesday, June 23, 2009

JuneBug






She is here! We've had this kitty for 3 days now and it is going so well.
I was a little nervous to bring a kitten home because I've always been a dog person and I know what to do with puppies.
I have learned in 3 short days that kittens are much MUCH easier than puppies and I had nothing to worry about. We showed her her litter box and put her in it a few times. That took care of the potty training.
There is no crying or howling at night, no outside potty runs at 3 AM.
I'm a little tired because I am getting up with her once or twice because she is so tiny and gets a little lost sometimes. And the claws are definitely something we will have to think about, as I can see household destruction in our near future. :)
Other than that... piece of cake. Abby loves her and is gentle as can be which I had counted on.
Lucy considers her a new playmate which is nice, but still needs to be supervised as Lucy is still a young pup herself.
Kayla is a new mommy and it is very cute. She carries the kitty everywhere and cleans the litter box and does about 70% of the care. The kitten meows for Kayla when she isn't around and follows her everywhere. She definitely considers Kayla to be her Mommy.
I feel that our brood is complete here and my life is almost exactly as I had always hoped it would be. The only difference is that I thought I'd have a husband, kids, dog at my feet, dog in my lap and cat up by my shoulder on the couch.
Turns out that the cat sleeps in my lap and Lucy sleeps up on the top of the couch by my shoulder. But hey- not too far off the plan!!!

No comments: