Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween night

Well the night after we attended the fabulous Halloween party (see post below) it was time to hit the streets on the longest trick or treating marathon I've ever been on. We went out for over two hours and the kids brought back several pounds of candy.
Whoa! I was quite interested in Halloween traditions this year and really thought about how it is different here in this warm climate.

First of all, when we went to the pumpkin patch the other day the kids and I went on a hayride looking out at palm trees right next to evergreens! Crazy!

On Halloween night we found that most people set up a little party pad in their driveway and sit outside. So at some houses they knocked on doors, but at many they just walked up to the driveway.
We walked in short sleeved shirts this year!
Lastly, Halloween is a big party here. People have outdoor movies projected on huge screens here, bonfires in their court, bounce houses and more!
The one negative thing I would say is that there is more mischief here and not of the innocent kind. More car break-ins, eggings, etc...

I won't go in to detail of what I will do to the kids who smashed Collin's pumpkin last night which made him cry when he woke up this morning and found it, but it won't be pretty should I learn who they are. Next year I'm waiting up... with pepper spray! And I aim to burn. On that note, here are my little vampires (who couldn't smile or their teeth would pop out) their friends and our precious pumpkins who are no longer with us... except for Kayla's Cyclops pumpkin who must have been deemed too ugly to smash.


No comments: