Sunday, July 25, 2010

Opening Night

I don't know if I ever blogged too much about Kayla's part in Annie Get Your Gun, so here is a recap: Kayla had a TOUGH audition at the Hale Theater for a role in Annie Get Your Gun. We truly were unsure as to what would happen. Kayla knocked em dead with her singing and acting but couldn't get the choreography down at all. Hey, two out of three- not bad right!? But it is a musical after all, and dancing is expected. While at my friend, Brandi's house I got the call on my cell from Hale and they offered Kayla the part of the youngest sister, Nellie. Kayla and I both cried and it was neat to experience it with Brandi there. Rehearsals were every week night from 7 to 10. Dress rehearsals were for an entire week from 6 to MIDNIGHT. Kayla is a trooper! She is cut out for this stuff. We slowly adjusted her body's clock to prepare her for these late nights. And even though we had requested AM TOPS at their school, all they had left when they got to us on the list was PM TOPS. How lucky are we that it worked out that way? No way we could have gotten to school at 7:30 AM! So after all the actors' hard work, opening night came. Grandma Elephant, Papa Tom, Nana and Papa were there with Collin, Tim and me to see the play. It was a big success!! It was so wonderful to watch after all their hard work! Here are a couple of pictures of Kayla after the play. The cast goes out in to the lobby to shake hands and sign autographs. :) I haven't taken any video during the play but here is a clip from "Moonshine Lullaby" that Kayla is in. I took this during a dress rehearsal.

No comments: