Thursday, October 9, 2008

At home with Collin




The other day I was thinking about how much longer I'll have Collin at home with me before school. I can't believe I have him for another two years!
And then I'll still have him 1/2 the day for another full year after that.
There are days when I wish he had daycare a couple of times a week, and we certainly have days where we butt heads.
But more than anything else, I just feel relieved.
I am not ready for both of my kids to be away from me all day.
It's nice to have a buddy at home, and I'll truly miss Collin when he starts
1st grade.
These days Collin has to be extra patient at home because I am working quite a bit and need a couple of hours a day, minimum, to keep up with things.
But I try to be sure that I take him somewhere, read to him and play with him every day. I feel especially challenged this week because he is on Fall Break from preschool.
He continues to swim every Wed and he still absolutely loves it.
One of his newer hobbies is bug catching. He likes to put grass and rocks in a container and catch spiders, beetles and ants.
Then he likes to bring them in to show me. :( Ugh
Collin also read his first book yesterday, "CAT". This is the first of the Hooked on Phonics series and it's so fun to see him put letters and words together for the first time.
He was so excited to surprise Kayla when she got home from school.
He wasn't disappointed with her reaction. She was so happy for him that she cried and hugged him. What a memory that will be for all of us.
So, our days are a bit challenging lately, but they are broken up by sweet moments and fun times so we are still afloat!!!
Above are pictures of Collin with his book, his bug catcher, and one of him making a silly face (which he wanted me to include) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, super mom! slow down we can't keep up.
Seriously, though. That's great that Colin is doing so great. little budies are so fun.