Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mother's Day

I awoke to fresh coffee and doughnuts on Mother's Day. Tim snuck out in the early morning to accomplish this.
Then Tim gave me a book I've been wanting, "In Praise of Stay at Home Moms" written and autographed by Dr. Laura. I am a full blown Dr. Laura addict.
I love her no-nonsense attitude about how we should treat eachother and our families and her intelligent views about religion and different cultures. I've listened to her since I was about 20!! So I am so thrilled to have an autographed copy of her book.
Next the kids gave me the best Mother's Day gift yet, a pull-tab chart.
There are coupons good for massages, hair-brushing, Harry Potter movie night with Collin, Costa Vida night with Kayla, quiet time hour for Mom while Tim takes the kids out and many others. It has been so fun to pull a tab each day and the kids get so excited to see which one I'll choose.
I have an amazing family!!!

No comments: