Friday, December 6, 2013

Drew drew

My "first baby" Drew went to sleep around 11:30 today after almost 16 years of an incredible doggie life. I miss him so much already and it's surprisingly painful, given that he's spent the last several years with Chris and Kelsey who have been amazing doggie parents.
Memories are flooding me and here are a few of my favorite:

Halloween. Yes I dressed up my dogs. I loved them dearly. We did everything together.


Hiking. Drew was the best hiker, climber, water wader, jumper on earth.


Snow. Drew got so excited when we got a good snow in Colorado. He would bound through it with pure joy.


Drew and Russia. Drew loved to sit on Russia like this and it made us laugh every time.


How I held him like a baby. If I was home, Drew was in my lap or being carried around- his lower legs wrapped around my waist facing me. :)


And here he is in his last hour on this earth and I'm so glad I got to share it with him.


The kids were with him too and Collin took it so very hard.


I will always remember Drew's energy, his pure love for his owners, his carsickness and how he threw up on Russia in the car once. I'll remember his fear of thunderstorms and his love of chasing rabbits. I'll remember when he first snapped at somebody and it's because he thought he was protecting his pregnant momma (me with Kayla). Oh Drew, I miss you so.





No comments: