Sunday, June 1, 2008

The beginning of summer


I don't know what it is, but today officially feels like my first day of summer.
Our house is sparkling, our garage sale is over, and we're done with school and most of our classes.
Today is beautiful and Kayla learned to ride her bike without training wheels.
Now she is taking off with the kids in the neighborhood feeling like a true BIG KID.
Collin is riding behind them all as fast as he can on his little bike.
Now he wants to take his training wheels off, but I think he's a bit young.
Although it seems like boys get the hang of it pretty fast, like my nephews.

Now that our garage is cleaned out, and I have a quiet moment while the kids are at the zoo with Tim I realized we are leaving for a trip in a few days!
Yikes... the time has flown!
Kayla and I are very excited to travel to Michigan and visit the great-Grandmas.
While we are there we will visit the house I lived in when I was her age.
It is a big old house in Yale, Michigan. I'm convinced it was haunted, so I'll be excited to talk to the current owners to see if they've had any creepy experiences.
Kayla will stay with Great Grandma and Great Aunt Sandy while I attend my cousin's wedding on Friday night.
I can't wait! I haven't been to a wedding in years!

Although I'm a little bummed that we aren't all going (airfare- yuck!) I'm glad we're waiting to spend the big bucks on a vacation for the four of us.
We tentatively planned on Disneyland for this November, and I am more motivated than ever after looking at all the great pictures of Susan's family trip to Disneyworld! It looks like such a blast, and I am itching to make our trip now!

As for the rest of this summer, we have a week long trip to AZ planned for three weeks from now and a dinosaur dig here in CO over the 4th of July.
It is a pretty mellow summer for us but I love that!
Now enough with this wind and chilly weather that keeps visiting us here in the Springs!

No comments: