Sunday, March 2, 2008

overwhelmed- in a good way

I really feel like every person has their "time" in life.
A time where you come in to your own person, separate from all other things.
After you get married and have your first baby, it seems like you fade in to the background a little bit. Your "time" is temporarily over.
But it's OK because your joy comes from your children's accomplishments and personalities and your husband's successes, etc..
And I'm really OK with that. If in my whole life, all I really accomplish is the raising of Collin and Kayla I will be filled with success and happiness.
But- somehow... all of a sudden I am finding myself emerging in to my "time".
It's as if several new paths have been laid out in front of me.
I feel extremely lucky and blessed but I also feel a bit overwhelmed.

So much is happeneing... which way do I go?
Do we move to AZ to take advantage of new opportunities and a falling house market?
Do we stay in our comfort zone and a life that we really do love?

I have a new puppy on the way to me!!
I am so excited about that! It's not just a puppy to me for some reason.
It's a symbol. Isn't that funny?
It's about me taking care of me. Doing what will make me feel happy.. having a baby to care for again. Having a buddy.
I think I'm experiencing some sadness already at the prospect of Kayla going to school all day next year. Collin may start preschool.
Is it possible to experience the empty nest syndrome this early on?? :)

My photography business is really picking up. Part of me wants to run with it.. pay off debt and have fun money.
Part of me doesn't know if I want the obligation of "having" to work and be places at certain times and have deadlines.
But it seems like this is all taking a life of it's own so maybe I'll just go along for the ride!!!

No comments: