Friday, September 19, 2008

my shirt

This just warms my heart:
Collin began sleeping with one of my shirts (had to be a pink one because I am a girl, he said) while I was out of town.
The habit has stuck and now when he gets in bed at night he "needs one of Mommy's shirts to sleep with."
When I was a little girl, if I couldn't find my "softy" (blanket) I would sleep with one of my Dad's flannel shirts.
Then when Tim and I started dating (I was 20 at the time- WOW) I would sleep with one of his shirts if he had to go out of town.
How cute and sweet that Collin finds comfort in this too!
On another note, poor Kayla has walking pneumonia and I learned an important lesson today:
Walking Pneumonia DOES NOT mean it is fine for them to go walking around as usual.
Although I kept Kayla home from school, I took her to coffee and on errands as I usually would. I can't tell you how many Moms I upset today, including one that came up to me as Kayla hacked away and said, "Your daughter seems very ill."
As in, "stop exposing us and leave you terrible Mom".
If only they knew that I am one of the most germaphobic conscientous Moms out there.
I would have been irritated too if a Mom brought her kid to a public place in that condidition.
I just really thought she'd be just fine "walking around" today.
We'll be staying home tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Poor Kayla! I pray she gets better soon! Regarding shirts, I used to sleep in one of my dad's white undershirt on a nightly basis. I don't think I owned pjs until I moved out of the house....