Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Our little Aqua Star

Today was very exciting.
Collin moved up from "Aqua Gliders" to "Aqua Star" in swim class!
I was so proud of him.
All of skills were observed by the pool deck manager and she came over
and told me he's now a "star". :)
So even though he is just 3, he is now working on the backstroke and freestyle.
Now THAT was something funny to see.
Miss Stacey was teaching him the freestyle and so he tried it alone, and there are his little arms, scooping forward... while the rest of his body slowly sunk down, down, down.
But his arms just kept going.
We would all have a good laugh and then straighten our faces when he came to the top so he didn't think we were laughing at him.
He'll get it... it's just something new.
The backstroke came much easier and he is doing well with it.
Collin told me today that he wants to start back up in gymnastics too, so Tim and I will figure out whether he wants to do soccer or gymnastics and add that next month.

Meanwhile, Kayla begins her drama class tonight at the Valley Youth Theater in Phoenix. I hate that she missed the first class last week while ill, but oh well.
Hopefully she'll get comfortable quickly.

I am shooting my first engagement session this Friday at the Royal Palms, so that will be a new experience for me. Then we have our family pictures this Saturday morning. We have not had our family picture done in 6 years. How lame!
I'm fortunate that Jen, at O'Grace Photography gives this picture session to all of her employees for their holiday gift. Otherwise, we'd be going another year without a family portrait! LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So great! Kayla is such a natural with the performing. I'm sure she'll be awesome.