Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Omega 2005 Nutrition Center



My juicer arrived! Yippee!
I have been planning and contemplating healthy and tasty juice combos in my mind for weeks, and finally I was able to put it to use!
I've got Tim on board for wheatgrass shots and carrots and greens juices, and the kids are excited about fresh apple and orange juice.
We made apple juice the other day and it was so sooooo good. The kids can do the juicing part so that was super helpful because I would rinse and cut the apples and they fed them through.
Today we juiced oranges and it was delightful.
The kids really work as a team and have such a good system down.
It's also been fun to talk about the different nutritional benefits of the fruits and veggies we are using.
Next I will be learning to use the leftover pulps for muffins, breads and soups and I hope to begin composting what we don't use.
What a fun lifestyle change this is becoming!

No comments: