Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Why I love age 7

Of course I love my kids at every age and stage, but there are always those years kids seem particularly cute or sweet.
I really loved my newborn Collin and I really enjoyed two year old Kayla.
My next favorite age for Kayla is 7. This has been such a fun year with her and this morning just tops it off.

We still have our little girl who wants to be cuddled and read to and wants nothing more than to hang out with her Mom and Dad.
Yet she is also all about being a "big girl" and loves getting her nails done, talking about rock stars and helping out with Collin.
She gets excited about the book series she is in to, has her special TV show with Dad and loves girls' days.

I've had a horrible time falling asleep the past few days and last night was no exception. So when the kids woke up at 7:30 I was exhausted and asked them to let me lay there a little longer. When I finally came out at 8:00 Kayla had already made them their breakfasts and let the dogs out. She was so pleased to take on Mom duties. I love age 7!!!

No comments: