Friday, August 28, 2009

Silly sadness

Long wavy hair blowing in the wind and falling gracefully over her shoulders is just not in the cards for my Kayla. At least not while she is little.
We have made several attempts at growing out her hair, this last attempt being her most serious dedicated attempt.
But it always ends up the same way... the more her hair grows, the more the cork screw curls act like Velcro and pull all the longer hairs right in.
So not only does it NEVER look long, but it is a mass of tangles and knots.
We deep condition and do leave in conditioners and it does not help enough.
Finally it just becomes to painful for her to bear, so here we go again with a super short haircut.
I absolutely LOVE short hair on Kayla, but for some reason I am really sad to cut her hair this time. I think it's because it's a final realization that hair past her shoulders is just not going to happen and we need to give up!
Silly silly thing to be sad about with all the things that are happening in the world, but I can't help it. I am sad....

1 comment:

The Emch Family said...

I want to see pictures. I'm sure she looks beautiful!