Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Acting 101


So Kayla started her acting class on Saturday.
It's been a couple of months since her last drama class.
I'd forgotten how fun it is! This Children's Theater Group is really something else.
The directors are so nice and so sweet to the kids. While they play lots of theater games and ice breakers, they are also learning skills each week.
Last week they actually had to audition for their parts.
I was really bursting at the seams with pride! They told Kayla they would help
her read her audition lines, but she said, "Nope, I can read it myself!"
And she did, while still managing to project her voice and use expression.
Whether it's soccer or ballet or drama, it's really neat to see a child in their element. Drama is definitely Kayla's.
The directors were really happy with her and so sweet about it.
I told my Mom that day, "It's just so fun to be Kayla's Mom!!!"

Meanwhile, Collin and I are planning our very first Mother/Son trip.
I'm taking him to AZ... just the two of us.
Whenever there is a holiday or vacation, I feel like Collin has to compete a bit (or at least he feels like he has to :) for attention.
He's always been with Kayla and sometimes Kayla and the cousins.
He is really at such an adorable age and he is so sweet so much of the time now.
So we're going to give him some one one one, or two on one time with the grandparents, with me and with Uncle Chris. I can't wait!!!

This Saturday Kayla gets her part in the play and then it is time for "Walking with Dinosaurs" We're looking forward to this weekend!!

No comments: