Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What a week!

What a crazy week.
Monday began as a relaxing day... Kayla stayed home from school and we played with friends in the morning.
Monday evening I went to Explorer Elementary school's choice meeting.
We are very excited about the prospect of Kayla attending 1st grade there!
It will be a bit heartbreaking not to return to daVinci in the fall and I will really miss the community and teachers there, but we need some resources available to us that Explorer seems to be able to provide now. I think that Kayla can always choose to return to the Arts emphasis when she is older.
More about that later...

Tuesday Kayla went on a field trip with her class to an Imagination Celebration play, "Aesop's Fables". They were all dressed up and it was very cute.
Yesterday turned in to an adventure, when the work being done in our basement turned in to a gigantic dusty mess and we were sent to a hotel. Our entire house had to be professionally cleaned, as a nice layer of cement dust settled on just about everything!
Our dog, Drew had a bit of a nervous breakdown in the midst of it all. But I am coaxing him back in to good mental health this afternoon. We are making progress... :)

After a lot of stress and running around, we finally arrived at the hotel around 7:00 PM and ordered a pizza, cinnabread and a two-liter.
We watched American Idol and ate yummy food and the crappy day turned in to a pretty nice evening.
It really made me thankful for all the moving and travelling we, as a family have done.
The kids are so used to hotels and travelling that they just go right along with the flow.
It would have been more fun if Tim was with us, but we made do.
We had a snow day today, so Kayla has still not officially had any school this week!
We look forward to getting back in to the swing of things tomorrow!!

Today I am thinking about how much I hate cold wind, how I will never build a new house again,
how much fun I have with my kids, what I'm going to make for dinner, and how I can barely stand to wait for Spring Break!!!

No comments: