Monday, March 31, 2014

A Perfect Day

Today is the type of day that makes me feel that my life is charmed. Of course their are the "What- am I cursed or something!?" types of days that balance out this gorgeous spring day but I'll take it! It's all worth it.
I am that Mommy who is secretly happy when one of my kiddos stays home sick from school. Those days are always so sweet, with lots of cuddling, book reading and usually some type of baking.
Today Collin woke up with a fever and so he stayed home with Pax and me. Since Tim works out of the house and isn't traveling, he was also home.
The kids woke, had a leisurely breakfast and worked on homework while Pax napped and Tim and I enjoyed a new Jillian Michaels Shred workout. Then I showered, dressed and donned my new blue flower earrings for lunch with the girls. Our sitter came over and walked Pax through the neighborhood in this lovely weather while Collin played on the computer.

These earrings make me happy :)


I arrived back home to a very delightful baby who was happy to give me those sweet baby hugs and was ready for another nap.
Now I'm stretched out on the family room floor blogging.
It's 1:45 and I've already had a full yet peaceful day. When Pax wakes, the boys and I are going to go purchase more "perler beads", Collin's new obsession.

Pax's new tricks include:

Learning to wave bye-bye
Crawling
Occasionally saying "Hi"
Beginning to cruise along the couch
Eating anything and everything.

This is Pax at Sal's Pizza in Gilbert. He was pretty happy with his first pizza sampling.

Grandma and Papa joined us for the fun spaghetti dinner

Last night Pax enjoyed spaghetti with lentils and sauce. He DUG it! Literally. He is also in to pizza and anything involving cheese since he's never really experienced it, even through me, considering I gave it up months ago during my ever-so-lovely elimination diet.

Speaking of diet, the kids and I are now vegetarians which is a relief to me. We rarely ate red meat or pork but gave it up entirely (Kayla years ago, me- a year ago and Collin- a few months ago)
But they have now decided that turkey and chicken are off-limits as well, and I'm so happy to never have to handle meat again!
Tim always laughed at me after I'd cook a chicken dinner. I'd zip around the kitchen with cleaning products, horrified at the thought of "chicken juice" in our sink or on our counters.
As a kid, I never loved meat or the idea of eating it so I feel now, at 39 years old, I'm truly returning to the way I always wanted to eat anyway.
I don't see us giving up eggs and yogurt but I'm happy to note that the kiddos have now switched to almond milk as well! Yay!
Tim is on board as well, but not quite as determined as the kids and that's OK. The changes he's made are already outstanding.
Our family has always been very encouraging of one another in holding our own opinions and beliefs and as long as we're respectful of others, that's perfectly OK- and healthy!

Life is good today and I will try to remember this in the middle of the night tonight when Collin's fever inevitably spikes and Pax comes down with it too!!!

No comments: