Sunday, March 2, 2014

Kayla

Kayla, my sweet, wise, brave and beautiful daughter- I am SO proud of you!
You made it to your regional spelling bee on Friday. You were out in the first round and you were so upset. :(
It was so disappointing for you because it was a word you knew but had always mispronounced in your own mind. You spent a couple of hours lamenting but then you pulled it together and bravely began preparing for your purple belt test. You passed that test with flying colors and your sensei commented on your kick (which you landed nicely on your opponent), "You ended his world for a minute!"

From there we had to go straight in to science fair preparation and girl scout cookie selling. Not to mention you were working hard on your school play. It was an incredibly stressful week for our whole family but you handled it in Kayla style... reading, reading and reading some more, making time for practice and work when necessary. :)
You are my amazing child and I love watching you grow!
You are you and Daddy and I can't take all the credit for that, but it delights me to see you benefit from and exude the gifts I feel we've given you.

Lesson #3 in child-rearing: Books books books and establishing a love of reading! When you were born I vowed to stop whatever I was doing whenever you crawled or toddled up to me with a book and read to you. I kept that promise to myself and to you and we would read several books a day! This hasn't changed for you and I'm so glad.
Love you and don't change!

No comments: