Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Phoenix Zoo

Phoenix, Arizona: Not the city I would have anticipated living in for so many years now. It's not my favorite of the many cities I've lived in. BUT, it is quickly becoming my second favorite place and although I never thought I'd say it- it's a great place to raise a family.
When Tim and I decided to make this city our permanent (as permanent as a Wharton makes a place) home, we promised that we would take advantage of all the wonderful things this area does have to offer instead of worrying about what it lacked.
-Weather: DONE. I can't help but enjoy this Spring weather every time I walk out the door. This takes no effort.
-Swimming: We have a pool- hallelujah!
-Awesome Gilbert Rec center: You want basket weaving for toddlers? The Gilbert Rec Center offers just about anything you can imagine for kids during school breaks and the summer.
-Fantastic science and art centers
-Restaurants and shopping. I've always called Phoenix "Little LA" because we get pretty much anything LA gets!!
-Resorts
-Proximity to LA and Mexico
-And last, but not least (and I'm forgetting 10 other things I'm sure)

THE PHOENIX ZOO!!
We have one of the nation's top 10 zoos and with this beautiful weather, the kids and I can't get enough of it these days! They've added a cute new bear and ziplines! Woohoo!!! Yay for the Phoenix Zoo.

"The Phoenix Zoo covers over 120 acres and is considered the largest not-for-profit zoo in America. The zoo prides itself on being one of top family friendly facilities in the nation. The Phoenix Zoo has four "trails" - one of which features wildlife native to Africa." ~Wikimedia
Phoenix- we love you these days... I will choose not to think about your education system and air quality right now.

No comments: