Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Grand Junction

Well we made it!
We are here in beautiful Grand Junction and the weather is perfect.
We drove halfway from Phoenix to Kayenta yesterday and stayed in a Holiday Inn there.
We shared a hotel room with Nana and Papa, which was really fun.
From Kayenta we had about a 5 hour drive today to Grand Junction.
We stopped at a dinosaur museum, which was fabulous!
We can't get enough dinosaur stuff I tell ya. We stopped to see dinosaur tracks as well!
We went through beautiful Moab... what an amazing drive it was.
My Mom and Dad followed us in one car and Collin, K and I were in our minivan.
My favorite part of today was when the kids and I started getting a little stir-crazy in the car. So we began making up ridiculous operas and songs about how weird Uncle Chris is, why it's not good to crash in to mountains, how we can get away from a cop trying to give us a ticket, etc...
I wish I'd been able to record some of the songs... it got pretty hysterical.
We got to Grand Junction around dinner time and met Tim here. We were so happy to see him. Then we all went downtown and had pizza and checked out the brew pubs.
What a great start to our GJ trip!
Tomorrow is our dinosaur dig- I can't wait!

No comments: