Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I love this boy




Anyone who knows our family well, knows that the past couple of years have been wonderful but challenging ones with the new member of our family who is a Wharton through and through. Which means he is independent, hot-headed and determined.
I try not to worry (although it's hard sometimes) because I'm sure he'll end up being a CEO of a major company or in some sort of position of power.
It is his goal in life to have power. :)

But he is so many other things too and no matter how "strong-willed" he can be,
I could stare in to his big brown eyes all day long and hold him all day if he'd let me.
Holding my son in my arms when he was born was such a powerful experience.
There is something about that mother son connection. I was in love.
And every so often he will say or do something, or just look a certain way and I'll feel that way all over again.
One of those moments occurred on the 4th of July at the GJ parade.
Just looking at him with his baggy red shirt and jean shorts and backwards baseball cap, I felt this feeling of awe... "This is my little boy"
Waving his little flag, standing with his little tummy pushed forward.
As many adorable outfits as Kayla has had, this 4th of July, Collin wore one of my favorite outfits of all.

I love:
his baby blonde hair
his big brown eyes
his perfect nose
his wide feet (like Mom's)
his athleticism
his determination
his imagination
his ability to come up with such great names
how he loves to be held when he wakes up in the morning
how he gets scared at night and asks Kayla to "petect me"
how angry he gets at restaurants if they don't have something he asks for. (it's pretty funny)
his little lisp
his sensitive heart
how he likes to hold hands and pray before every dinner
and about 100 other things I could think of.

No comments: