Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Collin the fish

I remember feeling this way when I first saw Kayla in her acting class.
That feeling of, "Oh, this is like- your THING"
You're GOOD at this!
Today Collin had his first swimming lesson which he insisted that he NOT go to.
I encouraged him to try it though because he needs to be able to swim here in AZ.
It's not just fun, it's a necessity.
Well as soon as he got in the water with his teacher I was practically standing up cheering the entire time.
I had NO IDEA that he was that comfortable and natural in the water.
The teacher had him diving to the bottom of the pool to get toys, floating on his back by himself and swimming with his face in the water to her (with some assistance)
within 20 minutes.
The best part was that he really really enjoyed it. He wanted to do everything again and again and was laughing and smiling the whole time.
Watch out Michael Phelps! :)

No comments: