Monday, August 11, 2008

Palm Trees

After a long week, Tim finally arrived yesterday with our moving truck.
What a fantastic day! Everyone worked so hard (and in a 106 degree heat no less)
and our "rental house" turned in to a home.
Some across-the-street neighbors came by to welcome us and it happened to be a kindergarten teacher from Kayla's school and her 4 kids.
One of the girls is a 6 year old who lo and behold, happens to be in Kayla's class!
Kayla and Collin got to go and play with the kids at their house for a while yesterday and Kayla had a new buddy upon arriving at school today.
Since Tim was home this morning and Collin was tired and wanted to lay down, Kayla and I walked to school by ourselves.
After I dropped her off with a cup of coffee in my hand (people here think I'm weird that I still like to drink hot coffee, and not iced coffee... LOL)
I walked home alone.
Wow- you notice so much more around you when you don't have chatty or whiny kids with you. I felt a sudden sense of luck and amazement that I was walking from Kayla's school to my house under palm trees.
Palm Trees!!!! All around me... palm trees and loud tropical-sounding birds.
Whenever I am missing Colorado, or irritated about the heat here, I am just going to look up at the palm trees

No comments: