Friday, August 1, 2008

Whirlwind week

We have had a whirlwind week of playdates, dinners and goodbyes.
I find myself exhausted today, but feeling very very loved and very
very fortunate. I am in awe of how wonderful our friends and family are.
Each get together we've had has brought an incredible amount of tears or
laughter or both.

I always ask my kids, "How did I get so lucky to end up with the best little
girl in the whole world, or the best little boy in the whole world?"
And they always say, "Well God decided that Mommy!"
I guess he decided that we should have the best friends in the world too!
Some of the highlights of our week include: fun playdates with the VanHorns, Eikangers and Caspers. Dinners with Jackie and Devyn, Christian and the Browns.
And one of my favorite evenings was having Jack and Nicky over for a sleepover.
The kids were perfectly behaved. Jack and Kayla slept in one room and Nicky and Collin in the other. They had lots to talk about and laugh about.
We made sundaes, watched a movie and told stories before bedtime.
The night was finished off with doughnuts in the morning.
We will miss those boys terribly!

Today is my free day to tie up loose ends, pack a few boxes and run some errands.
Look for a new address and contact info post soon.

No comments: